Bourbon’s 72 / Seasons Buffet / Deli / EDR
It is the Prep/Pantry Cooks duty to prep and prepare foods for various soups, salads, fruits, vegetables, sauces, gravies, and panning and prepping various entrées. They will provide foods accordingly to par lists, provide prompt service in all areas of food production in accordance with guided specifications while maintaining organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment. The Prep/Pantry Cooks must perform at a high level of efficiency and poise at all times. The Prep/Pantry Cook works closely with the Line and Lead Cooks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prep food by cutting, slicing, mixing, cooking, etc. under the direction of supervisor.
- Provide quality food and service in all areas of food production for all menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards, specifications and presentation guidelines.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Utilize basic culinary skills or have the ability to grasp, learn and respond quickly to training.
- Understand and follow specific guidelines including but is not limited to proper cool down, labeling and storage of product.
- Communicate well with others in a positive and professional manner.
- Arrive to work in proper uniform and be ready to work for scheduled shift in designated work area
- Willingness to cross-train and provide support in related areas of operations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Sunday 2nd shift
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner by prioritizing obligations and time.
- Must possess the ability to work with various personalities while maintaining impartiality.
- Must respond to supervisory guidance and assignments and accept constructive criticisms in order to learn new, updated information.
- Necessary for promptness and ease of adjustment to the work environment and flexibility to change are essential in this position.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure in a positive and professional manner, accomplishing the tasks set forth for the day.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 18 years old with a High School Diploma, a GED or equivalent experience. Preferred applicant must possess prior kitchen service experience or have appropriate knowledge and skill level in culinary and sanitation. ServSafe certified or become certified within 6 months of hire required.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Items include, but are not limited to: dishwasher, mixer, slicer, freezer, and cooler, hot box, utensils, knives, juicer etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- May be required to lift up to 75 lbs. and must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift.
- May also be required to reach, bend, stretch, kneel, crawl, lift and carry
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful and compromising situations while remaining focused, positive and professional, as well as have the ability to deal with difficult people without losing perspective
- Must be able to work productively under strict time restraints with variable deadlines
- Major medical and prescription coverage
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Employer paid and employee paid life insurance coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- PTO and holidays
- AFLAC accident & critical illness coverage
- 401 (k) plan with matching after 1 year
More jobs at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel