Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Resort Maintenance Technician to provide a full range of maintenance and repair services for one of our resorts.
Resort Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun’s resorts. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Resort Maintenance Technicians provide excellent customer service to prospective and current guests and residents at all times, and may assist with site setups to ensure timely arrivals and departures of resort guests and residents.
- Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes, facilities, and streets as needed.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to and after guest occupancy.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/wood chips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure resort is presentable and inviting at all times, and that it adheres to Sun’s curb appeal standards.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Clean resort amenities which may include clubhouses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, resort offices, restrooms, laundry areas, bath houses, and maintenance garage.
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as necessary.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure everything is in good condition, making minor repairs as needed.
- Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
- Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels, and adjust appropriately, where applicable.
- Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Perched near the shores of Lake Michigan, Petoskey RV Resort offers a luxurious resort experience in the favored northwest region of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula for all RV types. The 33-acre gated community is limited to just 62 spacious sites and 16 new gorgeous cottages, giving the resort an air of intimacy, privacy, and exclusivity. Prestigious location, upscale amenities, and endless local activities make Petoskey RV Resort the perfect destination.
High School Education (some HS education required)
Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
Valid driver’s license and good driving record
General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
Ability to provide legible written reports
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours while on-call
More jobs at Petoskey RV Resort