THIS IS A FULL-TIME, SEASONAL POSITION FROM MAY – SEPTEMBER 2019.
Bay Harbor Yacht Club, a private club located near Petoskey, MI, provides breathtaking views and exceptional service for both guests and members year-round. Bay Harbor boasts several exquisite restaurants, multiple recreational outlets, and large event spaces, all situated on the Bay Harbor marina. If you are looking for a fun place to work with spectacular views, look no further than Bay Harbor Yacht Club! For more information, please visit www.bayharboryc.com.
Job Summary: Provide food and beverage service to members and guests according to BHYC standards of service.
- Greet and acknowledge members and guests.
- Knowledgeable about menu, drink menu, some wine knowledge.
- Learns membersâ names and preferences to the best of ability.
- Enthusiastic about serving club members and guests and assisting others to provide a positive and successful work environment.
- Properly greet members and guests.
- Provide immediate attention to all upon seating.
- Distribute food and wine menus and answer any questions on those menus.
- Suggest menu items and daily food and beverage specials while utilizing the opportunity to âupsellâ.
- Efficiently serve food and beverage in a friendly manner.
- Correctly take food and beverage order including any preferences, allergies and special requests using proper seating numbers for efficient serving.
- Informing kitchen and other management when necessary of special requests/concerns.
- Correctly serve food based on course item.
- Clearing each course while replacing proper silverware if needed.
- Resetting tables after departure according to reservation or standard setting.
- Learn proper wine service. Inform manager on duty of any wine bottle needing to be retrieved.
- Communicate with server assistants of any clearing, food running, bread etc. needed.
- Responsible for acquiring correct name of member for account accuracy with help of management.
- Follows state and local laws and the clubâs policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages.
- Use POS system correctly and efficiently.
- At least 18 years old.
- Attends all pre-shift meetings.
- Stocks all service areas prior to each shift.
- Be aware of menu items that may out of stock and communicating that with members.
- Inform captain or management of any club item needing to be ordered.
- Ensures all dining areas are clean and presentable which requires daily maintenance.
- Ensures all dining tables are stocked and properly set according to the reservation chart given by captain or management.
- Is a team player and happily assists fellow coworkers when necessary.
Â Work Environment
- Stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, push/pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
- May work in hot, humid and noisy environments.
- Work weekends and holidays, any other events that may âpopâ up if available.
More jobs at Bay Harbor Yacht Club