Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts seeks to hire a Technician In Residence/Carpenter. This position supports institutional production needs in the performance/rehearsals of Theater, Music, Dance and other arts divisions as needed. This position would build, finish, install, and strike scenery for all necessary Interlochen productions and may be asked to serve on run crew.
Responsibilities would include:
- General production work in staging, lighting, sound, carpentry, and rigging.
- Scenery is built and finished in the scene shop, then loaded and completed in different venues on campus.
- Able to work at heights and climb laddersÂ
- Able to repeatedly life, push or maneuver heavy loads, either alone or with assistance from others
- Reading and understanding designer technical drawings.
- Load-in and load-out of Arts Festival shows.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Experience working in a Performing Arts Center or Professional Theatre is preferred.
- Able to handle rigorous work scheduleÂ including nights and weekends.
- Valid driverâs license to be able to be insured and driveÂ Interlochen vehicles.Â
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Must able to lift, push or pull objects up to 100 pounds using appropriate tools.
- Possesses a working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations including stage carpentry; appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits:
Technician in Residence/Carpenter are provided with lodging in a housing unit, three meals a day (when the dining hall is open) and stipend of $14,717.96 for the academic year with optional Health, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits.
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page.Â
Required documents for application are cover letter and resume. You will also need a current listing of three references – with their email addresses. These should be combined into one PDF document. Upload this one document during the application process at www.interlochen.org/careers.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
More jobs at Interlochen Center for the Arts