This recipe from Chef Guillaume at Bistro Foufou was originally published in the February 2016 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
- 32 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 5 slices thickcut bacon, cut into inch cubes
- 1 pound raclette cheese, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the whole potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, allow to cool slightly, remove skins, quarter and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and cook until translucent, then add the bacon and render for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Oil the inside of large casserole dish, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover with sautéed bacon and onions, and top with raclette slices. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and just starting to brown.