From Kent Rabish, Grand Traverse Distillery
Bourbon Cider Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces Grand Traverse Distillery Bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh apple cider (or unpasteurized apple juice)
- ½ ounce ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
Ginger Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
For the Cocktail… Combine all the ingredients in a shaker and then add ice cubes. Shake vigorously until a slight frost has formed on the shaker, around 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a star anise seed or lemon wheel (optional).
For the Ginger Simple Syrup… In a small pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil on the stove, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and let cool. Pick out the ginger pieces before serving. Makes roughly 2 ounces.