- 2 bunches medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (table salt can be substituted) Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Wash asparagus in cold water. Hold the asparagus near the end and bend. It will break easily. Discard ends.
3. On baking sheet, add asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and lay asparagus in a single layer.
4. Roast asparagus 8-10 minutes, shaking pan halfway through cooking time. Asparagus will be a bright green with brown flecks when done.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Options: Top with Parmesan or other grated cheese. Or sprinkle with vinegar (wine or balsamic vinegar are good), or fresh squeezed lemon juice.