For Roquefort spread:
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- Cracked pepper
- For Canapés
- 6 ounces smoked duck breast
- 12 slices of sweet baguette (1/2-inch thick)
- ½ cup watercress sprigs (rinsed and de-stemmed)
- Kosher sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons lingonberry relish
- Chives, cut in 1-inch lengths (for garnish)
In a small mixing bowl, fold together Roquefort crumbles, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and minced chives. Season to taste with cracked pepper and let stand at room temperature while preparing the canapés.
Slice duck breast crosswise into twelve, ¼-inch slices. Using a sandwich knife or small spatula, liberally spread Roquefort mixture evenly over each baguette slice and top with a pinch of watercress leaves. Lay slice of duck breast on top of watercress and season lightly with sea salt and cracked pepper. Top duck with ½ teaspoon of lingonberry relish and garnish with crossed chive sticks.
Suggested Wine Pairing: Brut bubbly or pinot noir.