- 3 peaches, halved, pits removed and sliced into half moons
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil (sweet or a combination of lemon and purple basil), roughly torn
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large chicken, 3-4 lbs, cut into 10 pieces—2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 breasts cut in half, and 2 wings
For the peach relish:
In a medium mixing bowl combine peaches, onion, basil, vinegar and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
For the chicken:
Remove chicken from refrigerator, season liberally with salt and pepper and allow it to rest at room temperature for approximately one hour. Pre-heat grill and lightly oil grilling surface. Brush chicken lightly with olive oil and grill over medium high heat until internal temperature registers 160 degrees and juices run clear. Rest chicken for 10 minutes after cooking, transfer to a serving platter and top with peach relish.